AIR Yogalates method
AIR Yogalates is a creative training method and is suitable for all ages, respecting the boundaries of each and every body and creates a refreshing, invigorating and therapeutic experience for both body and mind. It has also been adapted for pre and postnatal. Your body will explore and reach a surprising range of motions where you will feel an energy flow from within.
Aerial yoga has emerged in the last two decades and has been expanding since. Aerial pilates for its part is still very new. However, inversion therapy was born a long time ago! The Great Hippocrates (known as the father of modern medicine) exercised his patients upside down to take advantage of reverse gravity. As the saying goes, "There is nothing new under the sun''.
Co-founders Marie-Michelle and Genevieve have passionately created and developed the AIR Yogalates method by combining their strong knowledge of acrobatic aerial skills with the philosophies and quality of different styles of Yoga & Pilates method. Coming from a high degree of acrobatic education, the co-creators received top quality yoga and pilates trainings from renowned masters and their teacher trainings became the top quality education in aerial yoga. The two devoted ladies continue to push their curiosity to extend their knowledge to benefit their own lifestyle, as well as their teaching, teachers and anyone who practice AIR Yogalates.
Nowadays, AIR Yogalates counts an important numbers of certified teachers around the world.
- Decompresses and improves articulation mobility
- Provides in-depth postural alignment
- Facilitates the execution of classical yoga postures
- Allows the execution of advanced yoga postures over longer periods in adequate alignment
- Calms the nervous system
- Inversion therapy (excellent for rehabilitation)
- Relieves chronic back pain and sciatica
- Helps memory and other brain functions
- Releases muscle tension in the hips and spine
- Nourishes the skin
- Acts as a lymphatic drainage
- Fights stress and anxiety
- Improves coordination, body awareness and spatial orientation,brings freedom in movement
- Tones and revitalizes the body
- Gives energy and balances energy
- Restores and re-enforces the joints and proprioceptors
- Balances emotions
- Develops creativity
- Excellent for the respiratory and circulatory systems
- Powerful anti-aging
- Significantly increases flexibility
- Stimulates the digestive system
- Adds a new dimension to your training
- Suits all ages, body limitations or capacities
- Improves self-confidence and personal perseverance
- So fun !!!!!
- Makes you smile !!!
In order to enjoy fully the experience of AIR Yogalates, it is important to be aware of the contraindications before starting any physical activities and training.
Inversions may be harmful for those suffering from:
- High blood pressure
- Low bone density
- Glaucoma (degenerative disease of the optic nerve)
- Extreme obesity (over 35 BMI)
- Heart problems
- Recent surgery
- Recent head or hand injury
- Pregnant women (unless she is in a licenced AIR Yogalates pre-natal class)
Be sure to consult a health professional before starting any training program.
It is normal to feel dizzy or experience motion sickness in the first few sessions. Note that this is only temporary, the body is getting used to a new form of training.
The AIR Yogalates is a premium brand of aerial yoga, a fusion of circus arts, yoga, pilates and dance, using a type of hammock suspended between 1 and 3 feet off the ground. It executes movements in suspension with or without the ground and in inversion.
AIR Yogalates offers english, french and spanish educations that is requested in all 5 continents : teacher trainings, specialized trainings, workshops and retreats.
It combines techniques and disciplines from several training methods to create coherent sequences designed to stretch, align, reinforce and restore the body. The AIR Yogalates approach can range from restorative (which repairs body tissues) to a mild or intense practice. It is equally challenging as it is meditative. Your body and mind will find balance.